We officially began our kindergarten year on August 3rd, so we’re going on week four even though schools in the area began their year yesterday. So far, it’s been going really well. J is loving and thriving in our curricula choices for the year, and he looks forward to our 45 minutes of school each day. We actually only do Monday through Thursday with only our main curriculum on Friday. Yet, he asks each weekend to “do school,” as well. Even though it can be tricky with the distracting 3 year old and demanding newborn, I’m really enjoying that special time with him. It does us both a lot of good to have that intentional time.
Our plan for each day begins with our main curriculum, Build Your Library Kindergarten, and then we go through a rotation of the remaining curricula until the 45 minutes is up. We have a chart posted, so he’s able to follow and knows what to expect and what is coming up. He currently always anxiously awaits doing math and a kiwi crate 🙂
Our Curriculum Choices: Kindergarten
- Build Your Library Kindergarten
- Math-U-See: Alpha
- All About Reading– currently finishing up the last few lessons in Level 1 before we begin Level 2
- All About Spelling: Level 1– to be started when we start Level 2 of AAR
- Handwriting Without Tears: Letters and Numbers For Me
- Life of Fred: Apples
- the remainder of our Kiwi Crates
I’m looking forward to what the next year brings and to see how much he grows!